Thursday 28 July 2011

Times They are A'Changing

We are moving tomorrow.

Yes, it's all come as a bit of a shock. The call came from Sue by Name at 1pm on Monday which was actually very convenient timing as I'd just downed half a cider at the Coaver Club and was therefore able to take the news relatively calmly. "Oh, so the Buyers want to move on Friday do they? Oh yes, fine. We'll pack up all our stuff and arrange removals in 93 hours. Not a problem."

So we exchanged contracts this morning (better late than never...) and the men from the appropriately-named Bishops Removal Company will be turning up at 9am tomorrow. We'll close the front door of 5 Barton Close for the very last time, travel over to Oxford to pick up the flat keys, go for a birthday meal somewhere (did I mention I'm 25 tomorrow...?), sleep overnight on the floor of the flat then take receipt of our furniture on Saturday.

My last day at work is Thursday 4th August, so we'll be travelling back to my Mum and Dad's on Saturday and staying with them til next Friday.

It's been a hectic few days but I think we're just about there with packing and admin.

I'm starting to feel sentimental about Exeter. I was driving round Exe Bridges yesterday when I got a sudden surge of nostalgia, which is not an emotion I normally associate with Exe Bridges. It's amazing to think that it was almost 6 years ago Mum and Dad dropped me down to Exeter for University. We got lost and ended up at Exe Bridges, luckily managed to take the exit onto Bonhay road which took us in the right direction. I remember looking out of the car window at the river as it ran down past the Mill on the Exe and how beautiful it looked. 6 years and 5 houses later (D101 Nash Grove, 19 Vic Street, 13 Danes Road, Victoria Place and 5 Barton Close) I'm leaving. And it's just starting to sink in.

Ho hum, I'll try and hold myself together! After all, there's so much to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment