Wednesday 21 September 2011

It's the Final Countdown!

Duh-duh-duh-duhhhhh! Duh-duh-duh-duh-duhhhh! Duh-duh-duh-duhhhhh! (The final Count-down...) Duh-duh-duh etc.

Oh, I am in a good mood!

Paul is now into the second week of his course and it seems to be going well. He's only in 9am-3pm 3 days a week, so he'll have plenty of time to be involved here at the college as well. He brought home some Maths homework last night and I tried to give him a hand with it, before realising that I can't do long multiplication and division myself! Thank goodness I got a B in Maths when I did, as any proficiency in the subject appears to have drained out of me over the last 10 years!

As one thing goes to plan, another doesn't. One of the administrators from Cuddesdon phoned me on Thursday to say that they had forgotten to sign me up to Oxford University. The Principal here had been in touch with the Director of Faculty for Theology who said they would consider my application if I did it really, really quickly. So I made an application to the University over the weekend. A speedy application which involved having to persuade 3 people to do my references, speedily! I don't tend to let these things get to me, ke sara sara etc. and I've a feeling that I won't be penalised for something that wasn't my error, but we'll see.

Today's been an interesting day full of good things and bad things. More good things than bad things I'd say.

GOOD THING! Spent a few hours with Kate in which we managed to consume 3 cups of tea each.
BAD THING! College emailed to say that Paul's Theology course is now no longer free but will cost £100 per term.
GOOD THING! Finally got common room keys so I can get into the main college building!
BAD THING! Dougal got chased by a dog.
GOOD THING! Some pictures for the wall have arrived in the post and look beautiful.
BAD THING! Oxford Uni emailed to say they are still waiting for one reference and want it quickly.

So there you go.

Tomorrow it is then. Tomorrow IS the 22nd September.

Life will never be the same again....

No comments:

Post a Comment